Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Jobs

Life has been pretty crazy as of late. I have been trying to work two jobs and be a husband at the same time. We have been doing ok, till we went to church. The callings came. I home teach three families and am in charge of the Deacons. Monica is in charge of the Beehives. We soon realized that time was not on our side. I had to quit one job.

It was a hard decision to make as I was making good money now and we could finally start to realize our dreams of vacations and such. We'll, God had another plan for us. We prayed really hard and cried a ton, but we soon decided to quit iTOK and keep Firstline Voice. My heart just wasn't in iTOK.

It was tough to talk with my boss and tell him that I decided to quit. I figured that I would tell him first that I had to do it to take care of my Mom. If that didn't work then I would tell him that I needed more time with my wife. If that didn't work then I would tell him that I didn't feel I was getting paid as much as I thought I should have... but he saw through that. He finally asked, "Is your heart with iTOK and do you want to be a part of it?" I finally had to say no. It was the hardest thing I have done. I felt like I was letting them down.

I was talking with a coworker and told him, "It's like I went to the mission president and said, 'I know that I told you guys that I was going to serve for two years, but I think that it's in my best interest to quit.'"

Well, once it was all over I was finally able to breathe and calm down. I felt lifted and happy again. I would be able to go home and see my dear wife. I will now be able to go to scout camp and mutual. I would have loved having more money, but this is the time for memories... not money.

Thank you God and Monica

3 comments:

Becca said...

I'm proud of you James. I was talking with Jeff about it and told him that if I would have had a couple more minutes to think about it, I would have told you to quit the second job. It's worth it more in the long run to make sure you and your wife are connected in every way possible so if it does get tough later, you know that you'll always have each other.

James and Monica said...

Honey, I love you

Becca said...

Wow James, I know that must have been a hard decision, but a good one at that. Maybe it would have been even harder if you actually loved both jobs!. What Becca said is so true - it will definitely be worth it for the long run.